Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A Cold Day at the Beach


It was colder than usual last weekend.  That didn't stop us from hitting the beach with grandma and grandpa.  Despite the chill we discovered there are lots of things you can do at the beach without actually getting in the water.


The wildlife was plentiful.  We even saw a pod of dolphins right off the shore.  It was AWESOME!





Building sand castles.


Did I mention it was cold?


Feeding the birds.  At one point they were flying by and eating the food right out of their hands.






They found so many shells, some of them were even inhabited.



If you look closely you can see the baby jellyfish we collected.  It doesn't have tentacles yet, so it can't sting.


Though we prefer our beach days to be warm it was good to discover the beach can be great even without the swimming.  I spent the day wrapped up in towels, but the kids didn't even want their jackets.  I guess the cold is relative when you're little and there's sand and shells under your feet.

2 comments:

  1. So when I go running at night it's in the thirties..... what was it at the beach, like 72? Looks beautiful though.



    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, Syrina, I think it was in the high 50's. Cold for these parts. I didn't bring my warm jacket and I'm kind of a wimp when I forget to dress for the weather.

    ReplyDelete