Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Lights at Temple Square






I don't remember when we started visiting Temple Square as a family, but it's become a tradition.  We walk first, through the lights and then over to the ZCMI windows and then we take Trax and gorge ourselves at Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill.  

We ended up going on Dec. 23rd. The same night we flew in. The crowds were INSANE that close to Christmas, but it was kind of fun to be a part of the hustle and bustle.  Lines from "Silver Bells" kept flitting through my head.

I wish I knew the secret to capturing a good night photo.  I know it has lots to do with exposure and all that, but with my limited knowledge and my setting on "auto", capturing the full magnificence of the lights on Temple Square is impossible.  Besides, it was COLD and my subjects were less than willing to pose amid the crowds of people that night, but it was a beautiful sight and I'm glad we were able to capture a few moments.







No comments:

Post a Comment