Twelve years ago today Dean and I were almost late to our own wedding. We stopped for lunch. In our defense it ended up being the only real meal we ate all day. I wouldn't necessarily describe the past twelve years as wedded bliss (is any marriage really ever?) but there have been moments of pure joy, and moments of funny, and moments of inspiration, and realness, and devotion, and selflessness, all of which equates to love. The real kind of love that gets better with age.
In honor of our even dozen, I thought of 12 reasons why I love my Dean. Here they are, in no particular order...
1. He never buys anything for himself
2. He's never settled for anything in his life...except for a minivan.
3. His love of vintage polyester ties
4. He kills big bugs for me
5. He measures twice and cuts once
6. He's still the best kisser
7. He's the best little league coach (and still rocks a pair of baseball pants)
8. He loves us
9. He's a sucker for a red head
10. He's still the coolest guy I know
11. He's the peanut butter to my chocolate
12. He has a sensitive soul (he's the one who remembers all the dates and nostalgia)
Happy anniversary! Here's to a dozen more!