Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mayor's Ride for Fitness


Despite the threat of rain we participated in the Mayor's Ride for Fitness this morning.  There's a trail by our house, and when I say trail, I mean a 3.2 mile loop of mostly asphalt through some trees.  Not quite like the trails we're used to, but we'll take it.  

I threw two bikes in the van thinking the boys would have so much fun participating in the 1/2 mile kid's loop.  Little did I know my boys no longer consider themselves "little".  At the last minute I gave in and they rode the entire 3.2 miles.  No, I didn't have my bike.  Yes, I had to hoof it.  Just so we're clear, all bikes are faster than runners and strollers, even those pedaled by 5 yr olds.  "C'mon mom", was all I heard for the whole ride.

Alan, using the handy bike maintenance station to fill a leaky tire.


In line for the kiddie loop.  The boys soon figured out they were SO much faster than the "little kids".

Joining in with the 3.2 milers...they left me in the dust.

A friend from church we ran into along the way.  



You can't see it but there are bounce houses and food stations in the background.  All of it, the medals, the shirts and, unbeknownst to me, one day Water World passes (our local water park), was FREE.  Thank you Mr. Mayor!!  I don't know your name, but let's do this more often!!  Next time just remind me to bring my bike!


No comments:

Post a Comment