Monday, May 12, 2014

Role Reversal


"Doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo..."  That's supposed to be Twilight Zone music starting out this post.

It all started when Alan stepped off the school bus and couldn't even wait to cross the street before digging out his paper for "Citizen of the Month".

Then, later that same night, Ben's baseball coach awarded him with the game ball for being such an outstanding player that game.

Now, I'm not trying to be mean, but Dean and I are very realistic in acknowledging the talents in our children.  On any other "normal" day if you told me one of my boys earned a good citizen award and the other one earned the game ball, well, let's just say it's good to be proven wrong once in a while.






They were quite happy with their awards and Dean and I were too.  I think we even managed to hide the initial shock pretty well when they shared their good news.  It gave us a lot to discuss before bed, that's for sure.  How maybe we've set our own limits, subconsciously, for both our boys.  Oh, how I hope they keep proving us wrong and pushing past the boundaries we've unknowingly set for them.


1 comment:

  1. It's like when Sol begins to obsessively asked me about what really is in middle earth, and Jo brings home perfect scores on his spelling test. By the way I loved your post about your Mom, it was beautiful, still I can't believe she crawled across that pipe, CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete