Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Landmark Park Family Campout




















Family campouts can be magical things.  I used to go every summer with my own family growing up, but our gear has sat untouched in the garage since we moved here.  So when some good friends invited us along to the the Landmark Park Family Campout, I jumped at the chance.  They provided dinner and s'mores.  There was a planetarium show and a night hike. Plus, the zip-line at the playground is always a hit with the kids.

The one hitch to this campout?  We didn't actually camp out.  I know, I know,  that's half the fun, but I think our little family "late over" was successful.  Our gear still sits untouched in the garage, but we were well rested for an early morning baseball practice and Dean was able to grab a shower before he headed into early rounds at the hospital.  And, as Dean and I reminded each other before bed, sleeping in a tent is all well and good, but nothing beats sleeping in your own bed.

There will be camping in our future.  Hopefully some backpacking and other outdoor adventuring also, but for now I was very happy to leave all the possums, and snakes, and fire ants, and mosquitos, and alligators, and bats, and skunks at Landmark park for the evening, thank you very much!

1 comment:

  1. It looks so great, late nights at a park would be the best..... how foreign and strange(& me thankful for not) to see alligators on you animals to avoid while camping list.

    ReplyDelete