Sunday, January 19, 2014

Resolutions

   
     It's January 19th, the time of the month when most people are already forgetting their New Year's resolutions.  Well, I'm getting some time to finally post ours. Maybe seeing it in writing will make us all more accountable.  Along with dropping a few unwanted pounds, managing our cash flow more wisely, and honing our spiritual habits, we've each chosen some new things to work on this year.  Something fun and somewhere new to visit...

     Dean chose to develop his wood working skills and to attend Major League Spring Training in FL.

     Brooke chose to make a list of chapter books and read them with the kiddos, and to attend a seafood
     festival.  You'd be surprised how many there are to choose from.

     Ben chose to work on sports and go to Hawaii (I'm not sure where Hawaii came from).  He would
     also like to start a hiking tradition on New Year's Eve.  Something he adopted from spending time
     with Aunt Rea and Uncle Steve this year.

     Alan chose to "ride my Jeep and my bike and play basketball and go on a train."  So far Alan is the resolution champion.  Here he is with his ball and his Jeep.  He works on his resolutions every spare minute he can.  Dean says we could all learn something from him and make our resolutions something we like to do already.  Does that defeat the purpose, I wonder?  What it means is that our resolutions would look like this...

     Dean...sleep and eat Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
     Brooke...knit and look for thrift store treasures
     Ben...build with Legos and read

Hmmm....maybe we can set aside a few weekends a year where we all get to work on our secret resolutions.  The ones that make us truly happy.

1 comment:

  1. Attending a seafood festival doesn't sound too painful. I guess the hard part is in choosing which one to attend. Tell Ben I really like the idea of a new year's eve hike tradition. I think I'll put that on my list for next year.

    ReplyDelete